Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Donating to Tao

Work progresses (page 35 and really starting to enjoy myself...I do so get a kick out of my own material. Yes, I'm hopeless). Unfortunately, I've got to take a break to do a bunch of unpaid writing/editing work on behalf of some dude as a favor to my wife's boss. It's inconvenient, but I'll try to knock it out fast so I can get back to my REAL work...demons and plagues and sorcery. You know..."the usual."

HOWEVER, I've been remiss in not mentioning Alexis Smolensk's current "self-crowd-funding" project. Alexis, poor guy, is currently out-of-work and looking to stay afloat while finishing up the editing/polishing of his new novel. As such, he's asking for donations and offering a bunch of stuff (an adventure he's written, cool maps, t-shirts, etc.) as rewards depending on the level of funding you're willing to "gift" to him. Since I'm a fan of his work, this is a good opportunity for me...I can donate a few ducats from my "game fund" and get a peek at how he designs his adventures, which I look forward to reading alongside my copy of The Dungeon's Front Door. Nothing like having the practical application along with the theory, right?

[by the way, Alexis was same-day prompt with getting me my PDF rewards upon donation. Just haven't had the chance to open them yet...]

Anyway...okay, back to the grind.


5 comments:

  1. Hope you don't mind if I add a little pitch. The module is completely interactive and available through the publisher program. Have a look at today's teaser:

    http://tao-dnd.blogspot.ca/2016/02/proposal-airship-module-more.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to chime in...it's your deal, man.
      : )

      Delete
    2. Did you see the cover art a reader did free for me today, JB? Reminds me of old timey module covers.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Ah, the perks...aren't they great?

      Maybe after you're crowdfunding is finished, you can sell the adventure on DriveThruRPG: $4.99 a pop for PDF, plus print on demand options?
      ; )

      Delete